General Information About Fantastic Kashmir Tour
Srinagar is known as ‘Venice of the East’ because the lakes are lifeline of this beautiful ancient city. The floating house boats give the impression of city on water. The building along the shore seems in comparison of PISA tower. Lakes around the city include Dal Lake – noted for its houseboats – and Nigeen Lake. Apart from Dal lake and Nigeen lake city is also famous for wular lake and manasbal lake to the north of Srinagar. Jammu and Kashmir (usually shortened to J&K), is one of its most mountainous and beautiful.
It also has three distinct cultures that falls in different three regions. The South West area of J&K is Hindu religion majority area. It has ancient Hindu temples and it is also winter capital of the state. The North across area, known as Valley is Muslim populated area and has a clear impression of Islamic culture. Finally, to the northeast, this area widely known as Winter Desert and rugged area is under Buddhist religion. The houses and forts have impression of Tibetan culture.
F. Knight (1860) closely describes the beauty of Kashmir and its ancient importance during his expedition to Kashmir & Ladakh.
Places covered:- Srinagar-Local sightseeing- Pahalgam- Gulmarg- Sonmarg
Day 01 - Srinagar – Local sightseeing
Our representative will receive you at Srinagar airport at an altitude of 1730 meters and assist you in transfer to Hotel / Houseboat. Srinagar is known as Paradise on Earth and The Venice of Asia. At afternoon leave for Shankaracharya Temple / Takht-e-Suleiman at 1000 fts elevation from Srinagar for panoramic view of the valley and then visit famous Mughal gardens of Cheshmashahi, Nishat and Shalimar. These all are the Mughal Emperors concept of Paradise.
Day 02 - Srinagar-Pahalgam-Srinagar
After breakfast drive for a day excursion tour of Pahalgam 7200 fts (Village of Shepherds). It en-routes the visit through the world famous saffron growing fields. Awantipura temple ruins (9th century) and Martand Temple (sun temple) are archaeological valued places. On arrival at Pahalgam visit famous sights from Indian film industry (Bollywood). Afternoon visit Baisaran viewpoint, Beetab valley & Aru village are famous for trekking routes and base camp for Amarnath Pilgrimage. Enjoy the natural beauty and river Lidder. We return back to Srinagar.
Day 03 - Srinagar – Gulmarg – Srinagar
After breakfast we proceed for full day excursion trip to Gulmarg (8700 fts). It is known as meadow of flowers, famous for Golf course during summer with 18 holes highest Golf course in the World and ski resort in winter. One can enjoy Gondola (cable car), Horse riding and snow sledge itself.
Day 04 - Srinagar – Sonamarg – Srinagar
After breakfast we drive to Sonamarg for full day excursion (9000 fts ), The Golden Meadow. Sonamarg is the beginning of the enchanted journey into a natural wonderland. It is surrounded by mountains up to 5300 meters high, the valley is divided by a spur of the Thajwas Range. Baltal the base camp for Amarnath Pilgrim lays 15 kms north of Sonamarg. This little valley lies at the foot hill of Zojila. We return back to Srinagar.
Day 05 - Srinagar-Departure
Morning after breakfast we proceed for Shikara ride in the lake and then depart to Srinagar Airport / bus station for onward journey.
This Kashmir Tour includes the following:
- Accommodation on twin share basis in the above mentioned hotels or similar hotels.
- Daily Breakfast included.
- Shikara ride during the stay in Dal Lake in Srinagar.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival by the company representative.
- Driver’s expenses, parking charges, toll taxes.
- All applicable taxes.
The Kashmir Tour does not include the following:
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, room heater charges, alcoholic ,and non-alcoholic, beverages, mineral water, room service, tea, coffee etc.
- Any train fare/air fare unless specified.
- Garden entrance fees, permits camera fees, guide charges.
- Any rides, boating charges, gondola ride, additional sightseeing tours other than those mentioned in the inclusions/itinerary.
- Any hike in fuel, tax structure (Luxury tax, transport tax or service tax) any other expenses/service not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Tips & any other expenses not mentioned in Tour Itinerary.
Things to Carry for Kashmir Tour
- Duffel bag Down/synthetic camp booties
- Sunglasses, Light gloves
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight/Headlamp with extra batteries
- One liter water bottles wide mouthed
- Trekking Boots
- Water purification/filter
- Camp shoes/sneakers
- Walking stick/Trekking pole
- Cotton socks
- Note book with pens and pencils
- Gore-Tex jacket
- Lip balm
- Light wind jacket Sunscreen / Moisturiser
- Down jacket/vest
- Camp towel/towel/sarong
- Fleece jacket/vest
- Personal toiletries
- Personal medicines
- Money pouch/belt
- Trekking pants
- Energy bars
- Thermal tops
- Vitamin tablets
- Thermal bottom
- Extra passport photos
- Warm hat and Bandana/scarf
- Sun hat/baseball cap
- Wind- and rain-gear with hood
- Swiss Army Knives (Classic pocket tool)
- One pair cotton trousers or shorts
- Two cotton shirts/T-Shirts One warmer (jacket with hood)
Tour Price Per Person Rs 15,500 + 5% GST.
Payment through NEFT Click here to give details.