Destinations Covered during Hampta Pass Trek : Manali, Hampta Pass, Chandra Tal.
General Information About HAMPTA PASS TREK
Hampta Pass Trek is a type of moderate trek but it ascends good takes you the high elevation and you feel the smoothness on the very first day. You start the trek in thick forest and then enter in open valleys with lush green cover of grass then the tree line stops and you cross to Hampta Pass and enter the barren landscape of Lahaul&Spiti and visit to Chandratal lake is icing on the cake. Hampta Pass Trek takes us over the majestic foothills of the Himalayas, the PirPanjal Range, crossing at Hampta Pass (14100 ft.)
Day 01 - Drive from Manali (6,000 ft) – Jobra than start trek to Chika (10,100 ft)
We will meet at Manali Bus stand and then we will drive from Manali (6000 ft) to Jobra and after briefing session we start our trek to Chika (10100 ft) our today’s camp. Today’s trek is a 2 hour easy ascent from 9700 ft to 10,400 ft through thick forest and crossing small bridge. While trekking we can see the Rani river on one side and a big rocky hill on the other. The trek passes through some of the most spectacular landscape. Overnight camp at Chika.
Day 02 - Chika (10,100 ft) – BalukaGhera (11,900 ft) .5 hrs easy ascent.
The Second day trek is a gradual ascent. While trekking we will be able to see the spectacular Dhauladhar range in the background and Indrasan peak in front. The best part of today’s trek that we have to cross two rivers one at the start just near to Chikka Campsite and other at JwaraNala. We will have our packed lunch after crossing the Jwaranala.
Day 03 - Baluka Gera (11,900 ft) – Siagoru (12,900 ft) Crossing Hampta Pass (14,100 ft).
This is the most spectacular part of the trek as we cross the Hampta Pass and then descend to our camp site in Siagoru. From Hampta Pass you can see the Indrasan Peak and its gigantic glacier.Today’s trek will take us approximately 8hrs to reach Siagoru. The ascent on this part of the Hampta Pass trek will be moderate.
Day 04 - Siagoru (12,900 ft) – Chatru (11,000 ft) 4 hrs. Drive to Chandra Tal.
This day we have an easy descent through the Hampta Valley. The massive mountains of the PirPanjal and Spiti ranges dominate the entire landscape during the Hampta Pass Trek till the camp site at Chatru. Chatru is a confluence point of paths from Rohtang Pass, Hamta Pass and Lahaul&Spiti. From Chatru if road and weather condition permit we head to the Chandra Tal and camp at suitable place according to the conditions.
Day 05 - Drive from Chandra tal/Chatru –Manali via the Rohtang Pass.
In the morning after breakfast we leave for Manali via the Rohtang Pass. We see off you at ISBT, Manali for your further journey.
This Hampta Pass Trek includes the following:
- Experienced English-speaking local guide.
- All camping equipment including state-of-the-art high altitude sleeping bags, waterproof tents and trek mattresses.
- Camping accommodation as per the program on double / triple sharing.
- Freshly cooked, delicious vegetarian meals as per the itinerary.
- Safe storage to store your luggage while you are on your trek.
- Complimentary access to Evergreenadcon’s reading lounge to rest after the trek and a washroom to freshen up if available.
The Hampta Pass Trek does not include the following:
- Permit Fee for foreigners.
- Trekking Poles, Jackets, Boots etc.
- Any Deviation or detour.
- Cost Escalation due to natural reason.
- Anything which is not a part of our inclusions.
Things to Carry for Hampta Pass Trek
- Shirts / T-shirts – 2/3
- Jeans / Trekking Pants - 2
- Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
- Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woollen cap
- Woollen gloves
- Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
- Scarf/muffler (optional)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Small light weight towel
- Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
- Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
- Sun glasses
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Personal toiletries
- Books, if you like reading
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Carry rain cover for your bags
- Keep a few poly bags or waterproof bags in your bag in which if required you can put your belongings in case of heavy rain
- Camera if you like (with fully charged batteries)
Make an inquiry and get special discount.
Note: Programs may change due to Political Reason, Natural Calamities, Sickness or other reasons.
6, 20 May 2017
10, 24 June 2017
8, 22 July 2017
Cancellation & Refund Policy
In case the Guest is willing to amend or cancel his/her booking because of whatsoever reasons including death, illness, accident or any other personal reasons such as non-payment of balance amount, the company is liable to recover cancellation charges from the Guest. All cancellations and amendments are to be communicated in written and advance amount is non-refundable, besides forfeiture of the deposit amount of the tour, further a charge will be levied as follows:
In case of prepone or postpone of tour packages, Guests are requested to communicate in written and to inform us at least 10 days prior of tour date. Kindly note, Rs. 3000/- will be charged extra for prepone or postpone of tour.
- Prior to 45 days or more - 40% of tour cost will be charged.
- Between 44-31 days of departure - 50% of tour cost will be charged
- Between 30-11 days of departure - 75% of tour cost will be charged
- 10 days to date of departure - 100% will be charged
- In case of no show - 100% will be charged
Cost of the package :Per Pax (for group of min 4 Pax) Rs 9,300/- + @ 5% GST
For Group Booking: Click HerePayment Conditions:
For confirmation of booking, you have to deposit 50% advance amount in our bank account. Remaining amount should be deposited before commencement of service.