Area Covered: Manali - Shoja - Sarahan – Kalpa – Nako – Kaza – Chattru – Keylong
About the Tour:
Spiti valley is located in the north-eastern part of Himachal Pradesh, a Himalayan state in India. Spiti means in Tibetan “The middle land”, in reference to it lying between mainland India and Tibet.Situated at an average height of around 12,500 feet above mean sea level, Spiti lies along the Himalayan River of the same name. Cut off from the tourist map because of its remoteness, Spiti, along with its twin valley of Lahaul, has retained its pristine charm. Spiti and Lahaul are sub-divisions in Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. It is an ideal place for an adventure motorcyclist. It doesn’t limit only to adventure, the landscape is stunningly beautiful and changes harmoniously from lush green to barren mountains to lush green again. You also visit some of the oldest Buddhist monasteries for a rich cultural experience, ride across three high-altitude passes, visit the highest villages in the world to remain populated year-round and to top it all off, ride to Chandratal lake, a beautiful high-altitude lake in the Himalayas.A motorcycle ride to the remote Spiti valley is by no means easy, but using our experience we have crafted a route that lets you have a comfortable stay after each days grueling ride and return home saying you had the ride of your life.
Day 01 - Manali to Naggar (44kms : 2hrs)
On arrival pickup from local bus stand and check-in in the hotel. Check-in time is 12:00PM (early check-in is subject to availability of room). This day is basically reserved for you to rest and acclimatize to high altitude. In the afternoon, the road captain will brief you about the route and day wise plan. After that we will drive our Motor bikes towards Naggar to understand the torque characteristics of the motorbikes.
Day 02 - Manali
Post break-fast, our experienced tour guide will brief you about the route and day wise plan. After briefing, a short drive towards Naggar to understand the torque characteristics of the motorcycle. Stay overnight at a Hotel in Manali.
Day 03 - Manali - Shoja (Banjar Valley)
After yummy breakfast, drive towards Shoja. You will reach shoja in afternoon. From here onwards you will get scenic views of the Banjar Valley, to which we will now descend. For the next few Kilometers you will be compelled to take photo stops.Stay overnight at a guest house/ camp in Shoja.
Day 04 - Shoja - Sarahan (Way toJalori Pass)
After breakfast, drive your motor-cycle to Sarahan through Jalori pass. “Jalori Pass is a high mountain pass at an elevation of 10,800 ft (3.120m) above the sea level, situated in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh”. You will reach sarahan in the afternoon. Visit to the Bhimakali temple. Stay overnight at a guest house/ camp in Sarahan.
Day 05 - Sarahan - Kalpa (approx.3300 m)
Post break-fast, drive your motor bikes to kalpa. “Kalpa is one of the best places to see sunset and sunrise in Himalayas over KinnerKailash range. Kalpa is about 8 KMs from ReckongPeo, district headquarters of Kinnaur Valley which in turn is about 7 KMs diversion from a place called Powari on Hindustan Tibet Highway.” This road was filmed in Ice Road Truckers#IRT: Deadliest Roads - Season 1: Himalayas. So the same enthrallment you will feel. Stay overnight at a guest house/ camp in Kalpa.
Day 06 - Kalpa- Nako (approx. 3670m)
After breakfast, drive your motor-cycle to Nako. Today,we ride on the famous Hindustan-Tibet Highway along the Sutlej River. An asphalt tarmac road with easy riding conditions with beautiful views of the Sutlej, it helps us reach Kalpa comfortably. Kalpa is the main town of Kinnaur district, home to the delicious Kinnaur Apples. Kalpa also offers a spectacular view of one of the holiest mountains in India - Kinner Kailash. Stay overnight at a guest house/ camp In Nako
Day 07 - Nako - Kaza (approx.3700 m)
Post break-fast, we ride north along the narrow valley within which flows the Sutlej river, in awe of Himalayan shadows and into the high altitude region of Himachal. After some grueling stretches of dirt tracks and water crossings, we enter the barren land of Spiti Valley. The landscape changes from lush green to rocky, and then to barren. Tobo monastery is famed for its vast collection of frescos and stucco paintings and is called the "Ajanta of the Himalayas". We also visit Dhankar monastery (12,774 feet), one of the oldest monasteries in the world.Stay overnight at a guest house/ camp in Kaza.
Day 08 - Kaza to Chatru (Camping)
Drive your motorcycle from Kaza to the Chandatal Lake where we will have lunch. Kaza (11,980 Ft) is the capital of the Spiti region. Today's highlight is the ride to Hikkim (14,400 feet) and Komic (14,830 feet) villages, the highest altitude villages in the world to be populated all year round. The village of Hikkim has the highest Post Office in the world (Pin Code 172114). Do one thing, send a postcard or letter to self-address as it will be a remembrance. Today's ride is special in many ways, what with the ever changing landscape which will leave you mesmerised. We also ride over Kunzum La (15,050 feet), the highest altitude of the ride. Enjoy the view around the Chandatal Lake, and drive towards Chattru. Stay overnight at a camp in Chattru.
Day 09 - Chatru - Keylong (approx. 3080 m)
Drive your Bike to Keylong. “Keylong stretches along the north side of the green Bhaga Valley just below the Manali–Leh road, and it’s an overnight stop for many travellers on that route. Many people only see Keylong briefly and in the dark, but a longer stay reveals grand mountain views, a laid-back small-town lifestyle, some scenic walks and historic Buddhist monasteries.”Stay overnight at a guest house in Keylong.
Day 10 - Keylong - Manali
Today is the last Day of the tour. You will reach manali in the afternoon. Check in to the hotel and later in the evening visit to Hot Spring in Vashisht for relaxation. Stay overnight at a Hotel in Manali.
Day 11 - Manali
Finish the Check-out formalities. Visit Mall road and later in the evening board the Volvo bus to Delhi.
- Royal Enfield 350cc.
- Basic Spare parts for the Bikes.
- Mechanic throughout the tour.
- Tour Guide.
- All toll and entry fee
- Support Vehicle for carrying luggage and other essentials.
- First Aid kit.
- Breakfast and Dinner on all days.
- Stay on twin sharing basis in Hotel/Guest house/Swiss tents/Home stays.
- Routine maintenance.
- Travel Insurance: It is your responsibility to obtain a suitable travel insurance policy covering your personal health, personal belongings and it must cover you whilst riding large capacity motorcycles as a means of transport.
- Your Food and accommodation in Delhi.
- Airport transfer in Delhi.
- Alcoholic Beverage.
- Fuel, Oil and routine maintenance.
- Any Expenses of Personal Nature (tips, Phone etc).
- Cost of Major bike repairs in case of any damage.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.
What to be Bring:
- Good quality Helmet.
- Water proof riding gear to ride in cold conditions which protects you in unlikely spill (such as leather pants or jeans).
- Rain gear, if riding gear is not water proof.
- High Factor sun Screen Lotion.
- Riding boots or hiking boots.
- Water Bottle.
- Riding gloves.
- Wind proof and water proof trousers and jackets.
- Balaclava to keep dust out of your nose and mouth.
- Warm Fleece 10’c sleeping bag.
- Spare set of spectacles if applicable.
- Torch Light.
- 6 pass port size photos.
- Personal Medicine.
- Small Bag (Day sack).
- On arrival you will be required to deposit your photo ID’s (Driving license/Adhar Card, Voter ID Card, Passport).
- Pan card is not valid. The participants must be covered with full medical insurance from their home town/ city.The organization does not cover any kind of insurance.
- In case of any accident & death organization will not bear any medical/ doctor expenses, ambulance expenses, rescue expenses and airlift/ air ambulance expenses.
- You must be having LMV driving license and foreigners should have international driving license.
- Prior to 45 days before arrival – 10% of the booking amount will be deducted.
- Prior to 30 days before arrival – 15% of the booking amount will be deducted.
- Prior to 15 days before arrival – 25% of the booking amount will be deducted.
- Less than 15 days before arrival – 50% of the booking amount will be deducted.
- Non completion of the Bike trip for any reason does not qualify for any refund of the unused services. Any additional service which is not included in the package will be charged extra.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking.
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.
Make an inquiry and get special discount.
Note: Programs may change due to Political Reason, Natural Calamities, Sickness or other reasons.
25 June 2017
23 July 2017
Select your option
Taxes As Applicable : @ 5% GST
For Group Booking: Click HerePayment Conditions:
For confirmation of booking, you have to deposit 50% advance amount in our bank account. Remaining amount should be deposited before commencement of service.